As a Distributed Systems Engineer, you will have to
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services and systems that are used by customers as well as internal teams
- Collaborate with other developers and teams to build features that will be used at large scale
- Follow – and develop – good engineering practices, tools and processes
- Get an opportunity to work directly with the customer to understand the way in which the product is being used so as to help diagnose and debug any issues.
- You have 4+ years of experience working in a team that has created and shipped software to users.
- You need to know a good or bad user experience when you see it.
- You must be good at spoken and written communication – this includes design documentation, APIs, comments and everything else that goes with building maintainable software
- It is imperative that you have hands-on experience in development.
- You should be an individual contributor to the code.
- You have to be willing to learn various new technologies.
- The role requires that you have good understanding of data structures and should be able to solve problems using it.
- Experience and sound understanding of distributed systems is imperative.
- Open source contributions are desirable.
- You should have a BS in Computer Science , Computer Engineering , or similar technical discipline; advanced degree a plus
Skills that will give you an edge:
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, OpenStack or VMware is highly desirable
- Comfortable with industry standard practices related to security
- Network troubleshooting skills
- Experience with MySQL or other databases
- Python programming language
- Bash scripting
- Kubernetes, with Docker containers
- NodeJS and Go
If this excites you, please fill up your information and upload your resume on the link below and we will take it ahead. We will get in touch with you for further discussion.