Location: Pune, India
As a Distributed Systems Engineer, you are expected to take ownership of different modules of the product and develop new features, increase scalability, improve stability and correctness. You would be working with senior architect/developers to understand the product architecture and get involved in technical discussions. You will be involved in customer interactions to understand requirements and propose solutions. Helping people on forums like StackOverflow/Slack/GitHub and reply to their questions is a key part of the role.
- Min. 4 years of extensive experience in product development using high level programming languages such as Java is required.
- Experience and sound understanding of distributed systems is imperative.
- The role requires that you have good understanding of data structures and should be able to solve problems using it.
- You should care about performance, and by that, we mean performance optimizations in a JVM and cpu/memory friendly programming best practices.
- In-memory data processing exposure is preferred.
- Exposure to database internals is good to have.
- Exposure to Apache Geode and Pivotal Gemfire is good to have.
- Open source contributions are desirable.
- You should have a BS in Computer Science , Computer Engineering , or similar technical discipline; advanced degree a plus.
If this excites you, please fill up your information and upload your resume on the link below and we will take it ahead. We will get in touch with you for further discussion.