As a Cloud Support Engineer you need to:
- Be an expert in understanding, troubleshooting and resolving all customer use cases and requirements.
- Be highly motivated and monitor customer deployments and proactively detect and report problems so as to provide excellent support for customers’ success with their open source cloud.
- Reproduce customer environments in a local lab while detecting and submitting bugs.
- Address customer support questions and respond with solutions in a timely manner while meeting SLA’s.
- Represent the voice of customers internally to the product & development team and help influence product roadmap.
- Work closely with engineering teams to discuss customer issues, feature enhancements, bug fixes and involve engineering to participate in webex troubleshooting sessions as needed
- Interact with sysadmin/DevOps engineers of the customer and assist them solve issues arising in their OpenStack/Kubernetes environment.
- Build tools and services that enable measurement of our customer support process and improve Customer Success
- Continuously work on learning and sharpening of OpenStack/Kubernetes skills.
- Contribute to documentation (KB’s, SOPs, runbooks) around troubleshooting and feature details
- Communicate best practices, reference architectures and other training material to customers
For this role you must have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with customer escalations by responding via portal, webex or phone to resolve customer cases/escalations as needed
- Administration experience in Linux and knowledge of storage, networking subsystems
- Distributed Computing experience.
- Good understanding of virtualization and container technologies in one of the following: VMware, KVM, libvirt, Xen, Docker
- Basic networking knowledge – DNS, DHCP, ICMP, IP Addressing
- Basic knowledge of Kubernetes as well as control flow and troubleshooting of OpenStack components.
- Good knowledge of what calls are made when user triggers actions in OpenStack: taking a snapshot, creating a tenant, building a VM is a plus.
If this excites you, please fill up your information and upload your resume on the link below and we will take it ahead. We will get in touch with you for further discussion.